Let’s get Healthy with HENRY this is an 8 week course designed to give parents and carers of children up to the age of 5 yrs. the tools and skills they need to provide a healthy family lifestyle.
The activities are supported by the HENRY toolkit of resources: books, games and charts.
The course has a number of themes:
- Attitudes and skills for parenting
- Information about healthy eating for the family
- Appreciation of the importance of physical activity
- Developing a positive attitude to change
- Understanding emotions and building empathy
- Increased self-belief and enhanced self-esteem
Each session has two parts:
- Family time – parents, children and group facilitators chat, eat a healthy snack and play an active game together
- Parent time – Parents explore the weeks topics while their young children are cared for in a crèche
We run HENRY courses during the year, for more information or to book a place please call 01483 730517